Sign In to join the community | Help

Compaction of decorative pebbles

Can I use fine stand on top of decorative stones for compaction or do I need to use soemthing else.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-25T20:46:05+0000  by mordi mordi
General purpose sand will work, but if its gets drainage water it may wash away.

polymeric sand is a bit expensive, but should work well for what you appear to be looking at
Posted 2013-10-29T03:27:41+0000  by uaflyer


Hi again mordi,


Polymeric Sand or Paver Joint Sand is typically used in-between bricks or patio stone.  The normal application process is to sweep it over your flat surface and then using a hose nozzle with a fine mist gently wet it.  This will release the polymers and it will hold similar to concrete.


Perma Sand.jpg


It sounds like you might have crushed stone, and although it will probable work to keep the stone from flying around, I would suggest testing an area first to make sure you like the look of it.  It will not be shiny; it will be rougher, like sand or a concrete look.


Please let us know if you have any other questions.  We are here to help!

Posted 2013-10-30T14:16:51+0000  by Jen_HD_BOS
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question