Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Complementary colors for master bedroom

I want to use 560D-5 (Ocean View) blue on an accent wall and would like a slightly lighter blue for the other walls.  All the ones I tried (Sonata, Sweet Baby Boy, and Wildflower Blue) are very plain.  Yes they are blue, but are more like white with some blue in it.  Is there something a bit lighter than Ocean View, but still accents its blue nature.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-05T19:25:08+0000  by mancad mancad

Welcome to our community Mancad! 

Thank you for your question! There are a few ways you can go about getting a complementary color for Ocean View. I would highly recommend you visit your local Home Depot and take a look at colors in person. Looking at colors on a computer screen is a terrible way to look at colors, as screen resolutions can vary. While you are at the store, you can purchase 8 ounce samples of paint and paint them in your room. 

I took a look the Behr website and I found some colors that you might want to take a look at. The Behr colors 'Gentle Sky' PPU 14-11, 'Madras Blue' 560D-4 and 'Holiday Road' 560C-3 look like they might be what you are looking for. 

Take a look to get an idea of what these colors might look like:

Please go to your local store to take a look at the paint chips and perhaps pick up a sample size.

Another way you can go about getting a lighter color is by teaming with your paint associate and talking to them about lessening the formula of 'Ocean View'. This has worked for many customers of mine. The only downside to this is that the associate will not be able to show you a sample of the color before it's made. 

If you have any more questions, please let us know! 

Christine 
Posted 2015-03-09T13:10:22+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Hi mancad!

Sweet Blue 580E-3 is another outstanding selection.

It falls toward lavender and maintains appeal due to a splash of red tint.

Click here then click "Similar Colors" to see other options.

Posted 2015-03-31T17:06:16+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+