Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Concrete Patio

I have a concrete patio that has deteriorated over the years.  How can I install pavers over the patio?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-11T20:22:12+0000  by kittyd kittyd

Hi kittyd,

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community, we are glad that you are here.  Depending on the condition of your concrete patio, yes, pavers can be installed over the top; however, the pavers will need to be secured to the concrete using either a concrete glue of a thin set. 

As long as the surface of the patio is level and has been cleaned (preferably with a pressure washer) the pavers can be secured to the concrete patio. 

Pressure washer-basic.jpg

However, if the patio is buckled and has large cracks in it due to damage from tree roots, just putting pavers over the top will not last for very long.  If you could send us some pictures of your patio, that would be a big help.  That way we can better determine whether the pavers can be applied to your concrete.

Cracked concrete.jpg

Be sure to take pictures of your project and share them with us in our Project Library under “I Did This”.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This has been another of,

Posted 2013-06-11T21:24:04+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+