Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Concrete porch

40 year old concrete porch on raised ranch (90 degree 5 steps).some cracks.
Paint?Stain? And best product
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-18T21:26:11+0000  by Rickyray Rickyray

Hello Rickyray and welcome to the Community.

I am not sure exactly what it is you are asking so I would like to refer you to the Quikrete video web site that will provided you with information on most repair applications.
  If you are interested in concrete paint, Home Depot has several products to choose from.

Home Depot also carries a line of Concrete products call Rapid Set Cement all.  It is an excellent product that is high performance without the need for additives.  Open this link and click on the box below the photo with the arrow to view the video.  This product is white, so that may be a consideration unless you are considering putting a skim coat over the entire surface.

I realize I have give a generalized response but if you have more specific details about the goals of your project, I would love to address.  

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2015-07-21T14:44:32+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hey Rickyray!

Definitely concrete stain.

Stain is a penetrating sealer that helps maintain the traction of your cement ... particularly important on steps.

Paint, on the other hand, caps concrete which leaves a surface that can be slippery when wet or cold.

I also prefer stain because maintenance is lower.

When stain wears, simply clean and re-stain.

When paint wears, you must remove flake, apply primer to exposed cement, and paint ... much more work.

So, don't give it a second thought ... use either semi-transparent or solid color concrete stain.
Posted 2015-07-21T15:47:21+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Hello again Rickyray,

More details about concrete stain, are in this thread:

How To Faux or Acid Wash Concrete

Posted 2015-09-03T19:26:59+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+