Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Container soil

Have above ground planter.First year .Potting mix left in over winter .Must I add something to soil to reuse in the spring?steve
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-01-11T16:43:05+0000  by steveb65 steveb65

Hi Steve.

Thank you for your question.

Just like a large 15-gallon pot that you have used to plant veggies in all summer, it is always a good idea to “recondition” your soil with some new enriched soil each spring.  

I like to use a good potting soil mixed with a good fully composed soil like “Nature's Care 1.5 cu. ft. Raised Bed Soil” or Kellogg Amend and Kellogg Raised Bed Soil.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/Natures%2520Care%2520soils?NCNI-5

Kellogg Soils

Your selection of Kellogg  products may vary depending on your location.

Enriching your soil will make your plants happier too!

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Rick_HD_OC
Posted 2019-01-11T22:58:50+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Greetings Steve,

I am in total agreement with Rick you must re-energize your soil. The growing mix has been leached of all it nutrients, it is up to you to supplement and add amendments to enrich your planter beds.

Once you have turned your beds and added fresh new soil, as Rick suggests, I recommends that you make a schedule to supplement nutrients as the season goes on. Check out these organic fertilizers that will help the plants thrive. Click on the links below watch and read the testimony of gardeners that applaud these products.

Alaska Fish Fertilizer and Soil Power will enhance soil condition and promote healthy plants and an abundant harvest!

So glad to read that you are planning ahead, and thinking spring!

Maureen

Posted 2019-01-15T17:51:53+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Wow, it looks beautiful. 
Posted 2019-01-18T10:12:07+0000  by Linacruise1467

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+