Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Countertop Coating question

About a year ago I bought Rustoleum's Specialty countertop coating - Wheat colored.  I know I need to clean the surface and let dry, tape around the area I wish to paint and if the surface is glossy, lightly sand first.  It also says to use a foam roller and a high quality brush with fladded ends for smaller areas.  But my question is what should I use for the corners and how thick do I spread the coating on?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-13T22:52:03+0000  by jrob281 jrob281

hey jrob281,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

I believe the product you had questions on was Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations. We have had a few discussions about this on our boards, but yours wasn't addressed before. 

Demo Video for Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations

The brush that they use is shown in the video screen capture above and listed as a 2" synthetic brush. This is needed for the base coat and the decorative top coat. I would use the same brush in the same manner (thick application) for the corner areas, but being careful all the while. 

I checked Rust-Oleum's own installation guide, and found this link and image below that talks about the backsplash application. 

Countertop Transformations Instructions

While it didn't say specifics on corners, the size of the paint brush should give you adequate space to speedily and effectively paint the corners. Therefore, I'd use the same brush so you'd get even results for the entire back surface.

As for the paint brush itself if you have corners, consider using a high-quality 2" angle brushthat's perfect for this job. You'd still get the smooth paint applied on the backsplash, but the angle of the bristles will get into those tight corners much easier. 

Hope this helps you out, and have a great day.

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-04-14T21:18:05+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Great!  Thank you so much!  I have a lot to do now. :smileylol:

Posted 2012-04-15T13:44:25+0000  by jrob281

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+