Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Crack in concrete next to windows in unfinished basement. Product to seal concrete cracks?

I have an unfinished basement.  Next to the windows, I have found some cracks in the walls next to windows.  I would like to seal up those cracks or fill them.  Do you have some recommendations of products to use for that?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-03T17:31:48+0000  by scottscott2010 scottscott2010

If the cracks are located at the base of the wall (where the floor meets) - then use a liquid crack filler like Quikrete Crack Seal.  It is a self leveling product that will travel deep into the crack and remain flexible.


Quikrete 1 qt. Concrete Crack Seal


If the cracks are located on the wall around the window itself - then use a concrete caulk like DAP Concrete Sealant.


10.1 oz. Gray Watertight Concrete Sealant (4-Pack)

Posted 2013-06-03T18:00:09+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Any indications of water coming through?  How big are these cracks?



Posted 2013-06-04T02:13:40+0000  by Adam444
Hydraulic cement
Posted 2013-06-09T08:06:32+0000  by markus

The Fast Plug product works real well with stopping water intrusion.


DRYLOK 4 lb. Fast Plug Hydraulic Cement

Posted 2013-06-09T17:45:24+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question