Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Cutting Laminate flooring

I just purchased Laminate flooring for my home. What tool does one use to cut the planks when you need to. I tried to watch the videos but I get page cannot be displayed when I go there. I have tried for several days now. Can you put a link in your reply. I have read many of the posts from others and am anxious to get started. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-01T09:46:28+0000  by geezer88 geezer88

Hi geezer88,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

You are in luck, because I've got just the best tool you'll need to cut laminate flooring planks that we sell!

It's called the Floor Boar, it is a hand-operated cutter that works to cut straight and angle pieces for your laminate planks. It is sold in-stock at all Home Depot's and is a very affordable solution to cutting laminate flooring systems.

Last year, I did a post and a video showing how you use the Floor Boar. As you requested, you want a link, and by clicking on the image of me using the tool below, it will take you straight to the post and video.

Floor Boar.png

As was said in the post and video, this tool is great for laminate because it cuts down on dust and time for your project. You can easily make cuts there instead of going into another room or outside to make your cuts using a power saw.

However, if you want more options, we do sell more laminate cutters online. One tool, the Cutinator Laminate Cutter, works just as well, if not better than the Floor Boar.

Finally, if the thought of buying a laminate cutting isn't as much as an investment as a miter saw, that can be used for lots of wood cutting applications. Just one more option to consider.

I hope these links and info have got you started on the right track. And as always, if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask us.

Regards,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-02-04T17:34:05+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+