Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Cutting OSB or masking tape or new 80 tooth blade

I have been insulating my garage, and I need to make a couple of tricky cuts and this OBS is not forgiving its 1/4 in and I think I am going to need a 80 tooth saw blade to make a flush cut without it splintering anything or can I use masking tape to ccut this

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-11-19T23:02:40+0000  by juiceofChicago juiceofChicago

Hey juiceofChicago.

I don’t need to reinvent the wheel, because you are dead on with your answer to your question. Don’t force the saw too fast through the board, going too fast can result in splintering. Yes, I would recommend using masking tape as well as a 80 tooth blade. You didn’t need me, it sounds like you are already a pro. Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Posted 2010-11-21T19:22:41+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Personally I would try the masking tape before spending a lot of money for an 80 tooth carbide blade. I think a 40 tooth blade and masking tape would work just fine.

Posted 2010-11-25T20:32:31+0000  by highinspect

Hey Juice, I want to add something to the other posts. There is a specific blade for cutting OSB, plywood and paneling. It has 140 teeth, and is designed just for that application. The cost of these blades is about ten bucks and they will be with the circular saw blades in your local Home Depot.

Go slow and you wont have any problems.

Hope this helps

Posted 2010-12-03T16:09:23+0000  by TheHammer

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+