Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Cutting bead board

I have a black and decker circular saw the blade says for cutting all wood can I use it for cutting bead board, I use this blade for cutting two by fours and the like, I don't want to screw up the bead board. thanks for the help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-23T15:35:02+0000  by tomhobber tomhobber

Hey there tomhobber you'll be just fine using your circular saw.  Your thinking the blade you use for 2x4's isn't the best for the job is spot on.  

The blade you currently have is more than likely a rough cut blade. These are designed with getting the job done quick and efficiently rather than nice and neat.

24 tooth rough cut blade

A blade with more teeth is what you'll want to tackle the beadboard with as more teeth produce a cleaner cut over that of a rough cut blade. 

60 tooth fine blade

As you can see there's a great deal of difference between the two.  There are a variety of blades for just as many purposes and having the right on for the right job can take a project from good to great.  For more information on the different properties of blades have a look at the Circular Saw Knowledge base on the site.  I hope this is helpful, welcome and best of luck on your project!

Circular Saw Blades Knowledge base

Cheers,

ChrisFixit

Posted 2011-10-23T16:56:36+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+