Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Seasonal & Holiday

DIY Halloween Dog Mask

Howdy Folks,

With Halloween coming some of us fun seekers are going to try our hand at a custom costume. Here is a real fun and easy idea that you could use to make your own “Halloween Dog Mask”.

First you’ll need some stuff such as:

1 Home Depot 5 gallon bucket

1 Foamular project panel

8oz paint samples ( black, white, beige, and pink)

1 can of beige spray paint

1 sheet of 120 grit sandpaper

Gorilla glue

black Sharpie

Tools needed:

Jigsaw

Paintbrush

pocket knife/or other knife

First we start by sketching a hole about 8x9 inches or so. For children make smaller.

Second cut that hole out with jigsaw.

Third draw a curved wedge with the Sharpie. After you cut out one side, you can use the piece to trace and cut out the other side.

Fourth we sand and spray paint the entire bucket. I recommend using 2 or 3 light coats.

Fifth while the bucket is drying it’s time to take our “Foamular Project Panel” and draw our; eyes, ears, nose, and teeth.

Sixth cut out those shapes we drew with the sharpie. To make sure the angles were correct I used the bucket itself to trace the angle.

Seventh step is painting the eyes, ears, nose, and teeth.  When they dry simply take the Gorilla glue and attach them. I like to put a small line of pink to look like gums.

Now were all done. I figure that I’ll wear all beige clothing to match the mask.

Here are some sketches of other ideas that you might like better. If you make one of your own please post it here so we all can appreciate your creative project.

Happy Halloween,

Coach Dave

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-29T21:58:56+0000  by Dave_HD_OC Dave_HD_OC

Dave, you are a maniac! I love it and expect no less from you.
Posted 2016-10-02T11:46:33+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+