Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Deck needs work, don't want to replace, still alot of good solid wood. Where can I get help

I bought a house last summer and the deck was not built to code. I need to fortify it from below to give it more support.  I need someone to help me with this as I am not able to do this by myself, nor do I know how too.  Any suggestions?  Living in Berkshires of Massachusetts. Lenoxlady

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-22T22:30:29+0000  by Lenoxlady Lenoxlady

You should look for a local decking contractor to inspect your deck and make recommendations.  


Word of mouth is always a good way to find a contractor.  Ask family, friends, co-workers, etc.

Posted 2013-08-23T00:31:39+0000  by Adam444

Thank you.  I have tried word of mouth but those people don't show up and / or are suggesting I should replace the deck and their quotes are all over the map suggesting either they don't know what they are doing or just want to take advantage of someone they think is ignorant to the costs of repairing versus building a new deck.  Thank you.  Deena

Posted 2013-08-23T11:34:20+0000  by Lenoxlady

I wish I had an easy answer but there are good contractors out there.  Maybe stopping at a few homes that are under construction and seeing if the owner will recommend the contractor as a place to start.


What have the people who have seen your deck propose as a solution (besides starting from scratch)?

Posted 2013-08-23T18:41:22+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question