Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

DeckOver

I went to Home Depot where I live (32533) to get some samples of this deck paint but the clerk told me it was not available.  My deck area is 1564 square feet and I would like to test a couple colors first. SC122, SC141 and SC110  Any suggestions?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-18T18:34:11+0000  by buddyyates buddyyates

buddyyates,

Samples of the actual product cannot be made in the actual Deck Over product , however, color correct samples can be made in the Behr Solid Hide Stain. Whereas this is not the exact product, it will give you a reliable color to audition on your deck.

Hope this answers your concerns

Posted 2013-06-19T00:04:25+0000  by ordjen

Thanks for your quick reply but if I going to purchase 15 gallons of this Deckover I need a sample first.

Posted 2013-06-19T14:25:49+0000  by buddyyates

Hi!

I just painted my foundation around my deck with Rustoleum Restore stain. I can tell you from experience the colors will look different outside. You are looking at sample boards inside the store under fluorescent lightening which can add "blue" to the color (or make it look cooler) Once outside you get more "yellow" from the natural sun. The color I thought was tan in the store turned out to be butterscotch pudding once I got it home and painted it on. They couldn't retint the remaining paint either, I had to get another gallon. You could check with the actual manufacturer to see if they would sell you a sample. Or only buy 1 gallon first and do a test area. You usually need 2 coats anyway. If you don't like it, scrap it and get a different color. If you do like it, go back and buy your 14 other gallons. They recommend mixing gallons together for color uniformity, and the tinting is programmed in so they should match.

Good luck with your project!

Posted 2013-07-22T15:01:45+0000  by Whimsy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+