Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

DeckOver by Behr Premium

Does the DeckOver come with a guarantee ? Is a customer evaluation available ? How long does the product last and can a new coat be applied over the old ? The product is quite expensive so I need to be sure the results is worth the cost.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-08T19:06:21+0000  by sqthru4 sqthru4

Welcome to our community Sqthru14! 

Thank you for your questions!

On the Behr Website, the warranty information reads:

Deck Over

On our website, we have customer written reviews. Here is a link to DeckOver on our website. If you click on any of the products, you will see reviews at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, Behr does not have a guarantee on how long this product will last. Similar products on the market last 10 years or more.

Last, but not least, yes, you can apply a new coat of DeckOver over old DeckOver and deck stain.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-10-09T13:17:38+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Another good source ,that I use more and more is, "You Tube" on the Internet. If you type in DeckOver, you will get many  videos of people's actual experiences with the product.

Any claimed longevity of a paint or stain product is merely an estimate under ideal conditions. Sun, heat, rain all act together to shorten the life of any finish. I live in the Pacific NorthWest and I take longevity claims with a grain of salt. Long, mild winters with rain every other day, followed by very warm dry summers. This climate is actually harder on wood finishes outside than my native Chicago.

Posted 2013-10-09T15:05:07+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+