Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Design Ideas

Should bathroom tiles match kitchen tiles.  My home is a ranch and bathrooms are not adjacent to the kitchen.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-15T02:47:46+0000  by MsSue MsSue

Hello MsSue! 

Thank you for your question! That decision is totally up to you on if you use the same tiles in your bathrooms and kitchen. From a design stand point, it would look fine either way. Additionally, from a practical aspect, if you have extra tile and you have enough to do the bathrooms, you can do it to save money. 

If you would like to shop for new tiles, click here for our selection. 

Let us know if you have any more questions! 

Christine 

Posted 2015-03-16T15:43:03+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Hi MsSue!

When I think "design," the word continuity comes immediately to mind.

Continuity of design establishes base colors and textures against which other accessories are added to "create a look."

So, if you think of your tile as that base, then your "design" will be anchored by that feature.

Slight variations might occur between kitchen and bath, but certainly all the baths will start with the same base.

On the other end of the "design" spectrum, the word eclectic comes immediately to mind.

Eclectic design makes each room a unique experience ... no continuity at all.

So, if you imagine every room with a unique or unusual appearance, then your design will have no anchors ... more a puzzle with many unique pieces.

Somewhere between these polar opposites, you'll find customized design ... rooms in which colors and fixtures are selected based upon personal preference.

HOW TO CHOOSE:

If your home may be on the market in the next few years, you'll maximize appeal by moving more toward continuity.

It is fairly well known that prospective home buyers imagine their fixtures in rooms as they view them.

The appeal of continuity is a solid base without too many unique aspects for the new home owner to overcome or make over.

However, if your home may never be on the market, you'll maximize personal appeal by moving toward eclectic.

In this case, you're customized home works toward your needs and preferences ... you'll love it from now on, even if no one else does.

But, since you never intend to sell, who matters more than you ... no one!

POINT OF VIEW:
My personal preference for my home and the multiple properties which I own leans firmly toward continuity.

I lean so hard in this direction that I often use the same color schemes in different houses ... except where they are next door to each other.

After testing several color variations, I have found a few colors that seem to appeal to most people.

But enough about my homes, your home is your castle.

Choose the design that balances your personal taste with the utility of this property both now and in the near future.

And once you make that commitment, don't look back ... simply enjoy your decision to the fullest.
Posted 2015-06-18T20:38:01+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
If you like "Design Ideas," you might also like:

How To Design Your Perfect Room
Posted 2015-06-18T20:40:49+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+