Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Didn't like the new paint color; how long to wait to switch colors

Hi Everyone!  I painted a bedroom with Behr Premium Plus Flat Enamel paint in a light blue and I don't like the color.  The first coat was done a couple of weeks ago and the second coat was done today.  I want to switch colors to Behr Premium Plus Ultra Eggshell in one of whites (Navajo White).  How long do I have to wait to do this?  Do I need to sand, prime, and need 2 coats d0 to this?  Thank you!  -Kat-

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-27T00:47:26+0000  by katc katc

katc,

Your recoating with Ultra Eggshell can proceed at the normal recoat interval. Assuming that you did proper preparation on your previous coats, no further prep or sanding should be neccessary, although you certainly may if you see something that needs further attention.  Your Ultra is perfectly compatible with the Premium Plus.

Whereas Ultra does have superior coverablilty, you never know if you will make the color change in one coat of not. Given that you are going over a well sealed, low sheen wall of a light color,  you might well affect the change in only one coat, but you never know for sure until you actually start painting!

One reason I like to recommend the sample jars of Behr Ultra, is not just to audition the color, but the test patch will give you a really good idea of whether one or two coats will be neccessary.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-04-27T05:40:34+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+