Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Dishwasher buttons don't work

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13743K603.  The Smart Wash and Delayed Wash buttons don't respond.IMAG1202.jpg

IMAG1203.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-25T19:07:48+0000  by jugghayd jugghayd

I'd suspect a bad keypad/control panel but I would suggest visiting applianceblog.com.  Good folks that can help you diagnose the problem and point you to the repair parts.

Posted 2013-11-25T19:30:55+0000  by Adam444

Hi Jugghayd,

Does your dishwasher show any trouble codes? Most electric panels now have a trouble code format which will indicated which portion the the circuit is bad.

All electronic circut panels can sometime become frozen or locked up due to pushing the wrong combination of buttons at the same time.

Any unit with a memory may have the memory bank full and be unable to respond to comands due to the full memory.

Unplug your dishwasher and leave it unplugged for at least 30 minutes, this will usually clear the memory and reset the controls.

This often will solve the problem, however the smart wash function uses a sensor in the bottom of the tub which may have failed, causing this problem.

Try the unplug reboot first and then go from there.

You also can go online to www.applaincerepair.net for more troubleshooting help.

Mike,

Posted 2013-11-25T19:48:28+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

It looks like Sears keeps a lot of that information from you.  There is nothing in the manual about troubleshooting, they offer no support by phone or internet.  They will send a technician to your home for a $75 diagnostic fee.

Posted 2013-12-26T19:24:44+0000  by jugghayd

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+