Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Do I need the flooring underlayment to install the Home Decorators Gunstock Oak Vinyl Plank Flooring

I am planning to install the Home Decorator Gunstock Oak Vinyl Plank flooring on my basement concrete floor. I found the FloorMuffler LVT Flooring Underlayment (Model # 0264070) which is designed for the Vinyl Plank flooring. In addition, the FloorMuffler protects against the moisture and provides superior R value protection from chilly floors which is exactly I am looking for. Does it will work with the Home Decorator Gunstock Oak Vinyl Plank for my basement concrete floor? Also, do I need the underlayment at all? If yes, besides the FloorMuffler, any other someone can suggest? I read that for the Vinyl Plank Flooring, the flooring underlayment is not needed and in fact some case it may void the manufacture warranty so I am confused. Thanks! 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-20T16:10:06+0000  by Basmentremodeling Basmentremodeling

Hello Basentremodeling and welcome to the Community.

I am going to attach a pdf file that explains the how to determine Concrete Sub floor requirements for the flooring product described below.

Home Decorators Collection 

7 in. x 48 in. Gunstock Oak Vinyl Plank Flooring

Moisture Barrier and Moisture Retarder

Concrete Subfloor: For floating installation, use 6 mil polyethylene film or other means with equivalent permeability. Overlap the edge seams and tape it together. Extend moisture barrier up to the wall about 1 inch high. When installed on above grade concrete and the moisture content meets standards for concrete moisture, a moisture barrier is not required. For direct glue installation, use a moisture barrier if moisture level exceeds requirement (see Concrete Moisture section above).

If you would like to substitute the FloorMuffler LVT Flooring Underlayment in place of the 6 mil. plastic, that would be appropriate because it also is a moisture barrier.  I would suggest that you unroll the underlayment perpendicular to the direction of how you will be installing the flooring and duct tape the seams.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to send a note.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2015-08-25T16:10:15+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+