Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Does Home Depot donate materials to 501(c)(3) organizations?

I'm the Program Director for a 501(c)(3) non-profit in Hatttiesburg, MS.  We offer vocational training to disadvantaged individuals in our local communities, with the hope of being able to give them the training they need to provide for themselves and their families. We provide heating and air, electrical, plumbing and carpentry courses.

We are constantly looking for help with materials that our students can train on, so that they gain an understanding of how to work with those materials on a job site.

I was wondering if Home Depot ever donates materials, and if so, who would I need to contact in order to set something up?

We would be looking for things such as wood, PVC, electrical wiring etc.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-10-11T16:11:29+0000  by Stryve Stryve

Hi Stryve,

Visit your local Home Depot store and speak to the store manager. He or she will review your program and determine what materials they may be able to help you with.

Thank You for all of your efforts to promote such a great program.

Mike
Posted 2018-10-11T16:52:36+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Hello Stryve and welcome to the Community.

Yes, Home Depot has several way they work to serve the Community.  Click this LINK to see more details Home Depots Foundations and Partnerships.  Community Solutions works toward a future without homelessness, where poverty never follows families beyond a single generation.

COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANTS

The Home Depot Foundation offers grant awards up to $5,000 to 501c designated organizations (recognized and in good standing with the IRS for a minimum of one year) and tax-exempt public service agencies in the U.S. that are using the power of volunteers to improve the community. Grants are given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services and are required to be completed within six months of approval date.

Click HERE to a link for more details about Community impact grants.

I applaud your work with this mission and I hope you are very successful.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-10-11T17:52:05+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+