Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Does Home Depot sell a NON textured paintable wallpaper?

My fiance and I are re-doing the interior of our home, and have stripped wallpaper from all the walls in the house. The majority of the walls are horsehair plaster and we want to re-wallpaper the entire house with paintable wallpaper. We are looking for a wallpaper that has no texture at all. Everything we have seen has some kind of texture to it, I want the walls smooth....HELP! :smileyindifferent:

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-24T01:57:44+0000  by Elizabrat72 Elizabrat72

Elizabrat72,

HD does sell online a paintable wallcovering that has the  minimal texture of linen. Such texture after a coat or two of paint are hardly noticeable. Many art museums like the subtle look of woven texture as a subtle backdrop for their masterpieces. The world renowned Chicago Art Institue uses a heavy canvas texture on its walls which are then painted a soft off white.

It was common practice many years ago to cover brand new plaster with such a plain canvas. It helped hide the little spider crackes that plaster would often get. It also had the advantage of being "dry strippable". After years of heavy paint build up, the paper or canvas could be pulled off the wall down to the bare plaster and the process started over.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-05-24T16:42:01+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+