Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Dog Kennels for commercial kennel

Hello! I'm trying to get some help on building dog kennels for a commercial kennel.  I received a few estimates from companies that manufacture custom kennels and we were looking at spending over $60k for thirty of these. 

Obviously this kennel is a start-up business and I don't have that kind of money.  I searched everywhere online for DIY kennels and haven't found anything.  I feel like this is something that my family can do by themselves.  I did come across this photo of a more simpler chain link fencing with stainless steel panels. 

My question for you guys:  Do you have any ideas on how to construct something like this and do you think it will save us money?

Thanks for your time!!!!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-22T14:05:19+0000  by udokaschick udokaschick

I've been in kennels where the enclosures appear to be ordinary chain link fence components.  You'd have to sketch up a plan and price it out but I have to imagine it be cheaper than some kind of prefabricated system, especially if the labor component (meaning you and your friends) is free.  Working with chain link isn't especially complicated and you won't have to dig holes but you might consider attaching some of the posts to the floor just to keep things from shifting around.

In your second picture I would guess that the solid panel between stalls is galvanized steel which should be considerably cheaper than stainless steel.  It looks like the panels are just tacked (welded) to the top and bottom rails.  Of course, you'll have to find someone who can weld and has portable equipment. 

Good luck!
Posted 2015-03-23T10:25:28+0000  by Adam444
Hey udokaschick!

I've compared two that are AKC kits and one PetSafe.

Click the link to see the comparison.

Each is well constructed and economical.

Posted 2015-03-24T20:33:40+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+