Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Double weeping cherry tree (prunus subhirtella) weeping cherry tree (prunus x yedoensis)

Hi,
Where do the flowering trees come from to supply the St. Louis metropolitan area?
 Apparently 2 of the 6 trees I purchased have description tags of trees that do not exist.  Both common and Botanical names or pictures must be incorrect. The picture of species, description and specifications are not matching. 

Thanks for your help, 
Greg
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-03-22T01:29:12+0000  by EZG EZG

Greetings EZG,

Weeping Cherry trees hold a very special place in my heart, you purchased six, your landscape will be breathtaking!

Weeping cherry trees are grafted, the top growth are the specialty trees that are grafted on its host. The tags should signify that, I apologize if the tags are not correct. The trees are shipped from many nursery sources; I do not have a specific nursery name at this time.

You can return the trees along with original receipt for a refund if you are not happy.

I have done a little research on the cherry trees the “prunus subhirtella” is commonly known as a Higan cherry, and the “prunus x yedoensis” is a Yoshino cherry.

I have linked each tree to the University of Connecticut for a description.

I hope that the description helps with, and is the deciding factor for you to keep the trees, and get them planted, they are both beautiful specimens. 

Let us know how things are growing,

Maureen

Posted 2019-03-28T15:15:07+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+