Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Drop n Bloom container plant

Hi

I recently received as a gift 2 Drop n Bloom containers. They appear to be succulents, upc 92852068406?

My question is if these plants can be planted in pots or in the ground and left outside for the winter or will they have to be protected from the winter freeze? I am coastal Connecticut, zone 7B?

The tag makes no mention of annual care.

Thanks

Jon

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-19T19:06:28+0000  by Gianni928 Gianni928

Hello Gianni928.  Welcome to the Community!

The Drop n Bloom series of plants are a simple way to instantly add color to your home.  They are annuals, as in tropical plants, and will not survive winters even in zone 7.  Many, but not all succulents are perrenials.  The ones that survive winter here in Chicagoland, (zone 5), are not very showy plants.  A showy prolific annual succulent that I have every year is called a moss rose.  It dies off every winter, but reseeds itself so prolifically that the same area sprouts up again every year.  It usually takes a bit of culling and reorganizing to get back the same look as the year before, but with patience it works for me.  The flower color variety you get from purchased plants does change back to white over time though.

I would be happy to research your particular plant further if you could provide more information about it.  Since you have the plant tag, at least the full 12 digit UPC should allow me to look up the type of plant and vendor.  Any other information from the plant tag would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Chris.

Posted 2018-07-20T14:37:56+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Posted 2018-07-21T01:01:51+0000  by Gianni928

Posted 2018-07-21T01:03:06+0000  by Gianni928
Thanks Chris

The upc code was listed in my original post but here are a couple pics.

The tag doesn't show what the plants are nor their care.

I too have some cactus that winter just fine here in the ground.

Is this a markrting method...planned obsolescence. Just let them die and purchase more next year?

Jon
Posted 2018-07-21T01:07:46+0000  by Gianni928

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+