Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree

Hello
I recently purchased a dwarf meyer lemon tree and some of the leaf's are turning a whiteish yellow.  What am I doing
wrong or what do I need to do.  I am in NM about 45 miles east of Albuquerque.  I think our area is 6? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-09T18:42:58+0000  by Harley001 Harley001

Hi Harley001.

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community.

Chances are that your new citrus tree may be suffering from either a lack of water or you have watered your new citrus tree too much.  Both symptoms can appear to look the same.  For the first week after planting a citrus tree, it should be watered daily unless it rains.  A citrus tree does best in a sandy well drained soil. 

If you have had some very hot and dry days, it is also possible that the leaves may have been scorched by the sun if the tree did not receive enough moisture, especially in the first 7 days after planting.

Another common mistake is the adding of a chemical fertilizer to the soil when planting the tree.  The only safe nutrient for new planting is an organic fertilizer.  Couple the fertilization with a lack of water and hot temperatures and you can have scorched and burned leaves on your new tree.

Attached is a picture of a citrus tree suffering from a lack of water.  Notice the tips of some of the leaves are brown.  This can be caused by a lack of water or too much fertilizer. 

What has your weather been like?  Some pictures of your tree would be helpful.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Rick­_HD_OC

Posted 2015-07-10T17:11:46+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+