Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Electric fireplaces

When do these typically go on sale or begin being marked down for end of season clearance?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-02-08T20:51:48+0000  by jmjmshoe jmjmshoe

Hey jmjmshoe.

My store here in Georgia started marking theirs down right after Christmas. Once the new year arrives then the stores start clearing such things out to make way for spring items like patio furniture. I believe the same to be true for Ohio.

Posted 2018-02-08T21:02:44+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
Thanks for your response.  Right now, the one I am watching is still regular price.   Maybe because it stays colder her longer, at least usually.....I'll keep an eye on it.
Posted 2018-02-08T21:24:07+0000  by jmjmshoe

Hello jmjmshoe.

Here in Chicagoland our 4 seasons will tend to parallel yours more closely than stores in Georgia.  Product that goes through seasonal markdowns can vary based on supply and demand when the product has gone through its traditional sales period.  Here at my store we have 3 different free standing electric fireplaces leftover, no portable heaters and a few fireplace grates and accessories.  As of yesterday only a stack of grates were on clearance.  I suspect that is because Home Depot stores in this region do not have lots of inventory left over that needs to be sold quickly. 

In past years we have seen these types of items clearance priced when winters were milder.  Unlike Halloween and Christmas decorations which have a definite date for sales to begin, many seasonal items do not.

As Ingar noted, my store also has moved winter items out of the front bulk area and patio furniture displays are now set there for the Spring season.  For us this was done only last week rather than in January.

The next time you visit your local store, it does no harm to ask if a discount is possible.  The sales time window for electric fireplaces is closing and stores really don’t want to have any leftovers if at all possible.  Another possibility is to look at homedepot.com.  There are daily specials on select items at deep discounts.  Today there is a sale on select floor and wall tile, but the items change every day.

Chris.

Posted 2018-02-13T15:09:25+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+