Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Email Receipts

Question: Why doesn't the credit card reader ALWAYS ask for the option to email you a receipt?

I've noticed that sometimes the credit card reader does not give me the option to have an email receipt sent to me.  I'm using the exact same credit card (Discover) and it works about half of the time.

Is this sometime that I'm doing, or is the cash register person doing something different?

This is frustrating since I'd like to get email copies all of the time.

Thanks,

Tim
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-06-11T21:26:38+0000  by RangerRickMN RangerRickMN

Hello Tim and welcome to the Community.

The credit card reader should always be giving you the option to get an EMAIL.    The cashier may be deciding for you before you have a chance to choose an EMAIL or not.  They should not be doing that, they should ask you every time.   Before you insert your card let them know you want an EMAIL receipt.   Not always will the email address pop up, but you should be able to enter it.  

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte
Posted 2017-06-13T16:51:48+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
No offense to (Charlotte) personally but I've been through this same problem multiple times at the Home Depot in Washington PA and your answer isn't going to solve the problem... which is the employees... and there is no reason for the customer to have to remember this for the only store chain that has this problem. The employee needs to either let the customer select or ask the customer since they work there on a regular basis. Most of them do, at least when they know it's me, but some of them not only don't ask, but they intentionally bypass the screen prompt. You can tell when this happens because you'll see the green box blink on/off on the display. That's when I get pissed.

A couple days ago I had a large number of heavy lumber items and a new girl who had only been there for a month bypassed the prompt... she was obviously taught this "trick" by someone. I've even complained to the manager multiple times with no results. Well, it turns out they can't bring the prompt back so I made her clear the purchase and rescan the entire order again. She was pissed and I didn't care... do your job and especially don't do anything that will upset the customer.

But there is a "real" solution to this problem. Since the display also shows my email address, why not just automatically send an email receipt to those individuals who are already registered. I would think most, if not all, of them would want them. Otherwise it's one click to delete them.

It's Home Depot's responsibility to do the right thing and train their employees to do the same. In the meantime, I will NOT be returning to Home Depot until the issue is resolved.

Posted 2017-11-25T19:42:27+0000  by 65Cobra
It is quite easy to always have digital receipts if you are the Home Depot Pro member.

1. If you are not a member of Home Depot Pro, then it's a great idea to become one. You can find details here: Home Depot Pro Sign UP

2. Click on the receipt and print. 

Here is one benefit of being a Home Depot Pro member, if you give them your phone number and use it when you purchase the materials, THD will save the receipts for 24 months and email it to you too! So no more snap, scan or email receipts to your bookkeeper. 

Check out more perks of being a pro member - you can read on this blog:11 Benefits of Home Depot Pro
Posted 2018-02-07T15:59:58+0000  by KellyMay

Tim you can shop at Home Depot again! Did you know contractors use the Greenback app? You get all your original Home Depot receipts automatically and you can email, reprint, keep for taxes, export, or sync them to Quickbooks or Xero. (Some Home Depot setup may be required). You don’t have to be a contractor either to sign up. They have a free forever plan or high-volume paid users get the Bulk Export tool and more. You don’t have spend time tracking down emails or pdf’s anymore. If you keep tabs on your construction project costs, Greenback virtually eliminates manual data entry too. Check it out at Greenback.com. There’s no spreadsheets or anything to download.

Posted 2018-07-05T22:11:21+0000  by SandraBach

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+