Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Enclosing a deck

I have a 16' x 16' deck with a hot tub on it that I want to enclose with 1 doorway and using screens not windows. Trying to figure out the best way to do it with out breaking the bank. Any suggestions?????

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-20T05:21:45+0000  by tvh1957 tvh1957

Hi there tvh1957,

Without breaking a bank? That’s going to be a difficult one:smileyhappy:

Assuming that your deck it’s made out of wood my first suggestion would be to use same materials that were used for the deck.

Unless your deck its build out of exotic wood using same type of wood that was used for the deck to build enclosure would probably be the easiest and most affordable in my opinion.

I would construct the enclosure to almost look like pergola.

Almost but not the same; only difference would be adding an additional post in between each corner post to allow screening to be attached easier from the inside of the pergola.

pergola.jpg

I think that pergola type of structure would look really awesome above the hot tub stained to match the deck.

In addition these structures require minimum amount of lumber and the way the top its designed it will prevent screening form sagging down the road if attached properly.

Please click HERE to visit complete how to build a pergola guide on our website.

Hope his helps and welcome to the community.

George

Posted 2011-06-20T20:02:12+0000  by George_HD_CHI

We're looking to do the same thing. We've decided to use "Tuftex" polycarb roof panels as a cover. We're replacing the posts with 8' posts; building a one slant roof from which we'll attach the polycarb panels. From there, we'll build premanent screened panels and attach them from the roof to the outside of the railings. Also, we'll add a screen door and screen beneath the deck. http://moynihanlumber.myeshowroom.com/images/brochure_logos/tuftex/tuftex-panels_lg.jpg

Posted 2012-03-16T23:51:21+0000  by cate

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+