Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Entertainment center issues!!!

I have a floating entertainment center attached to my wall. The center piece of the entertainment center has pulled away from the wall. How do I fix without detaching the piece from the wall?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-18T19:02:20+0000  by DIYNovice11 DIYNovice11
A picture of your entertainment center would help a lot.  Without knowing what it looks like it is difficult to make a specific recommendation.  Any idea why this section might have come loose?

A simple solution might be to drive a screw through the face of cabinet and into a stud in the wall.  That presumes the section that has detached from the wall has a stud behind it and you can locate the stud.  The other drawback is that the screw would be visible, although there are caps available to help disguise some screws.
Posted 2015-07-19T11:00:38+0000  by Adam444
Hey DIYNovice11,

Really like Adam's idea of reattaching the center piece to a stud inside the wall.

Use a stud finder to locate and mark the leading and trailing edge (both sides) of the studs behind your entertainment center.

Use screws long enough to go through the back panel, through the wallboard, and reach at least one-inch into the stud.

You might also consider purchasing #10 Hinged Pan Head Screw Covers.

The screw cover acts like a washer between the screw head and the back panel, but also has a hinged cover to conceal the screws.

Use the marked stud locations to help center your screws on the stud before using a drill to drive the screws into that support.

Expect to use one screw approximately every 1.5-feet and if possible, drive screws into two or more studs.

Hinged Screw Covers commonly come in black or white.
Posted 2015-07-23T19:03:36+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question