Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

EnviroTile Patio construction

Has anyone been successful in creating a patio with Envirotile instead of pavers where grass used to exist, instead of just installing them over a hard surface?

I would like to remove a 10 x 15 area of grass and build a patio.  I was thinking that I would like to use Envirotiles to do it, seems a little easier for a do it yourself job than pavers since I would not have to remove as much dirt.  The area is already framed out in wood (I have a really small backyard!)  I see that they recommend installation to be done in the same manner as with concrete pavers, but I wasn't sure if anyone has tried it and were happy with the results they received?!?

Thanks for any help and input!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-08-02T22:14:44+0000  by Chapy08 Chapy08

Greetings Chapy,

My name is Tom, known here as HD 116. I have liked the envirotiles since they came into the market. They are manufactured here in the United States from recycled tires and fit well with the eco-friendly focus of all of us at the Home Depot.

Their popularity has been the subject of several discussions in my local store as well as in the community here. One of our experts, Designing Woman, has done at least two very good posts on Envirotiles and their installation. You can look at the information and other links of interest included in her post by visiting here:

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Outdoor-Living-Landscaping/ENVIROTILE/td-p/18863

I am certain that you will find the information useful, and that the installation will be a great do -it -yourself project! Welcome to our community and please post some before and after pictures for us to see!

Posted 2011-08-03T13:53:34+0000  by HD116

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+