Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Existing shed is no longer level

I have a prefabricated, 12' x 20' shed that is not level. Probably about 5 inhes low in one corner. Thought I would use several jacks to jack it up and push more stone under it where it is needed. What type of jacks would be best for the job? Not looking to spend much money.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-04T18:26:56+0000  by crm crm

Hi crm,


Thank you for your question and welcome back to our community.  


Does you shed sit directly on the ground or is the frame setting on concrete pillars?  


Using a hydraulic jack or a combination of them, will be your best choice of tools because it will give you the most control.  You will need to raise the sunken corner of the shed to a level position and then add you gravel and sand to reach a solid base if your shed is not on concrete pillars.  


Hydralic jack 2 ton.jpgHydralic jack 12 ton.jpgHydraloic jack 20 ton.jpg



If you do have concrete pillars, you can add a piece of pressure treated lumber as a shim between the pillar and the frame to raise the sunken portion of the shed up to level position after you have used the hydraulic jack to level the shed.


Be sure to take a video of your project and share it with the rest of the community in our Project LIbrary under "I Did This".


Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Posted 2013-10-04T20:02:32+0000  by Rick_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question