Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Fall Leaf Cleanup

Let’s face it; leaf collection is a chore that NOBODY looks

forward to. You notice that the lawn is covered with leaves. Then when you look up, you see that most of the leaves are still on the trees.

Rakes and tarps are commonly used tools to handle the leaves.

Electric and gas blowers are available with leaf collection attachments to not only handle the leaves, but they will reduce the volume of the leaves by as much as 16:1.

Bag Holders make this daunting task a lot easier to accomplish. That means for every 16 bags that you put to the curb when raking directly from a tarp into the bag, you will put all of those leaves into one bag!

We currently stock the Plastic Leaf and Lawn Chute in my store. It has performed beautifully and is selling well. I noticed that we have a combination of products online that appears to be a winner for leaf collection.

The Leaf and Lawn Chute and Easy Combo Pack will give leaf collection the one-two punch! You can knock out a yard full of leaves in no time.

All of these products are lightweight and fold flat for easy storage.

-Travis

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-07-25T14:05:14+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL Travis_HD_ATL

Hi Travis,

Thanks for pointing out those helpful tools for making Fall cleanup easier.

I have 12 large trees on my property and I wanted to mention that my electric blower is my favorite tool for Fall clean-up.  It makes getting leaves from between the bushes and other obstacles a breeze.  (Get it- A- Breeze ha, ha).  I also made a PVC attachment that I use on my blower, to clean them out the Gutters.

Here is an article about how to change leaves to Leaf mold.

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful color while you are cleaning up.

Charlotte
Posted 2016-10-27T20:15:31+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Thank you Char!

I have relocated to a very wooded lot since writing this article. I am putting all of these techniques into practice these days. Luckily, most of the back yard and half of the front yard are natural, so I can utilize the "free mulch" in those areas.

You can imagine my excitement when I saw the toppers already installed on the
gutters!

I really would like to see the PVC attachment that you created for your gutters!

Thanks again,

-Travis
Posted 2016-11-04T14:30:36+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+