Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Fan help

I'm replacing a fan that requires an angle mount and a down rod. Do I have to buy a specific fan that comes with these two things or am I able to purchase any fan and then buy the mount and rod separately? Is it possible to just use the angle mount and down rod from the old fan?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-18T01:17:57+0000  by Ash80 Ash80

Hello Ash80,

I recommend having a look at fans that are actually recommended for angle mount. You will need to purchase a newer down rod if the diameter of the blades is different from your old fan or if there is a difference in the design of the mounting hardware. The benefit of buying a fan set up with slope ceiling mounting in mind is that the documentation included will give you the best information for the install. I've included a link to the Angle Mount Ceiling Fans we carry here. When looking through options keep in mind that not every fan supports the same range of ceiling slopes. The range a particular fan supports can be found in the install PDF included on each product page. I hope this helps.



Posted 2016-04-18T14:00:27+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question