Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Father's Day....spending time with Dad.

Father’s Day is a day we choose to celebrate our Fathers and the contributions they have made to our lives.

I’ve been asked the same question many times before; “what do you think is a good gift for Father’s Day? “

Well to be honest before I became one, this is my first Father’s Day, I didn’t know the answer to that question but now I would say ;”Some good quality time spent with your father.” Quality time with your father doing things he enjoys is the best present.

I enjoy working with my hands. I always have and I always will and this love and knowledge about construction I have I owe to my dad.

After 40+ years in construction my dad still can’t stop working around the house. Sound familiar? How many times have you heard yourself say; “you are retired now, take it easy “OR“watch yourself you can’t be working like that anymore” 

So for this Father’s day let’s not tell them what not to do, let’s do something they like to do. Let’s go and work on a project that they can say;” I built this with my kid” or let’s take them to places that you think they would like to see.

If your father sounds like mine I would bet he would enjoy taking a ride WITH YOU to the Home Depot with a gift card in his hands or a project to-do (together) list. You may think that a certain type of tool is what he would like or what he needs, but most of the time they already have their eye on something.

That’s why for some Dads, like the one mentioned above, a Home Depot gift card is just a perfect gift. He may need something you would never think of. For example, maybe he would like new sawzall blades or new table or miter saw blades. Perhaps he would like a new chisel set or new masonry bits, or maybe a new battery for the drill he bought two years ago.

So spend some time with your Dad this weekend and take him to The Home Depot. I doubt he will say No to that.

Father’s day - it’s only one Day, and time spent with your father on that day is not something you can do tomorrow.

I love you Dad.

GiftCenterFullWidth (1).jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-15T21:33:07+0000  by George_HD_CHI George_HD_CHI

Father's day is most important day for me. I spent whole day with my father, make my fathrer's favourite dishes and celebrate it my whole family.

Posted 2011-10-19T05:55:57+0000  by jennifer20yop

Hello jennifer20yop, and welcome to the community! We are glad to have you join the forum.

Thank you for your thoughts.  Please keep us updated on your projects and feel free to join in helping others.

Again, thanks for joining the community,

Newf.

Posted 2011-10-21T16:11:06+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
You are so right George!

My Father is an outstanding example of what every father should be.

Click the link to see my Father's Day wish to my Dad.

Thanks Dad!

Watch Our How-To Video

Posted 2015-12-03T23:12:08+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+