Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Faux EZ wood finish over painted cabinets

Faux EZ wood finish can it go over painted cabinet.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-25T21:17:57+0000  by Cookie1 Cookie1

Welcome to our community Cookie1!

Thank you for your question! I called Faux EZ directly to ask them about your question. The gentleman I spoke with said  as long as the paint that is on your cabinets is sound (meaning not peeling or cracking) this product will stick to it with no problems. He did stress that the surface needs to be completely clean before applying Faux EZ and that you can clean the surface with either Krud Kutter or Windex.

Please share pictures with us if you decide to use this product, we really love to see what our customers are up to. :smileyvery-happy:

If you have any more questions about this product or any other product, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-06-26T14:05:46+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Yes the paint is coming off in places so if i sand the paint off do i have to make sure all the  stain or varnish is off  the cabinets  completely.

Posted 2013-06-27T22:55:17+0000  by Cookie1

Hello Cookie1!

You don't have to sand down to bare wood, you just have to sand enough so that there isn't anymore peeling. If the removal of the paint makes the surface uneven, you will want to sand everything down so that it is smooth.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-07-01T13:23:11+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+