Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Faux Pumpkins! A true treat!

Illuminated, carved pumpkins are a site to behold with their warm, luring glow! Placed at doorways, on porches and steps, they welcome the season and guest, and greet the many trick-o-treaters that come your way!

The scent of a carved pumpkin will also invite squirrels to your doorstep!

It is so infuriating; disappointing….and sad to open your front door and find you’re freshly carves jack-o-lantern destroyed into smithereens, slimy guts and seeds across your steps, yuck!

Oh those pesky squirrels really know how to ruin a good thing!

I am in a constant battle with those furry tailed rodents in my neck of the woods, so anything I can do to repel, and keep them away from my yard, I will!

This year I tried my hand at the faux carve-able pumpkins, and I love them! There are so many benefits to the realistic, foam imposter:

Easy to work with, they carve just like a real pumpkin without all the guts and slime!

1. No stinky rot!
  2. They will last, and last…from year to year!  I carved my house number, it is preserved forever!!
  3. Try just pushing a few bulbs from a mini light string, or battery powered votive, into the bottom opening, no worries about fire!
  4. Best feature of all…these jack-o-lanterns do not attract squirrels!

All you need is: stencils, tape, pumpkin carving kit, string lights.

Stop by your local Home Depot and pick up a carve-able pumpkin, carve a jack-o-lantern face, a saying, your family name, or address, anything that makes the season last, just like your carve-able pumpkin….enjoy!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-22T16:06:40+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+