Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Faux Woods Blinds

I have faux wood blinds already, but we put a new window in & its smaller than my other one. Can I cut the blinds somehow without messing up any of the mechanics of the blinds?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-15T19:29:40+0000  by jeni_ralph jeni_ralph

Hi there jeni_ralph,

Thanks for joining our community!~

Often times cutting down faux wood blinds, or any sort of blinds for that matter, is not much of a DIY project. It can often leave you in a worse situation than you were before.

That isn't to say that you can't do it though!~

Out of the box, the mechanisms are usually anywhere between 5-8" away from the edge of the blind. This number changes with each style, manufacturer and type of blind so it's difficult to say blind here. Once you pull down the blinds and take a look at the headrail atop them, you will be able to see exactly how much play you have before hitting any crucial mechanisms.

A table or circular saw with a large tooth count will do well for you. The cutters we use in the store incorporate a table saw based concept. Be sure to brace the slats together well and make sure they're tight, as these blinds can easily splinter. Eye protection is an absolute must due to this as well! Go slowly through them, being cafeful not to splinter any pieces or knick any strings or ladders either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-08-15T20:14:14+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+