Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Find Make/Model for ceiling fan

I need to find the make and model for a ceiling fan in my home. I have to get a replacement glass globe light cover. I looked with a mirror all around the top of the fan. There is only a generic sticker that says 'ceiling fan 1YW2'. Do I have to take the fan apart to find the info? Also, there is a remote for the fan that is Hampton Bay brand with model number "UC7087T" but as far as I can tell, that's just the model number for the remote, not the fan. I tried to search for fans that use that remote, but didn't get anywhere. The blades measure 21" long each. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! (I'll try to post a pic of the fan too)

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-30T14:21:22+0000  by gabba gabba

Hello gabba.  Welcome to the Community!

Given that one sticker you found, it is more likely than not that this is a Hampton Bay fan, albeit a very old one.  Since it appears that there is no way to identify the exact model of fan, I would try to come up with some dimensions for the globe you need.  Measure the diameter and the minimum depth that the glass globe needs to be.  Then look to see how it mounts.  From here it looks like the globe would be a twist-in type, but if there are any screws along that bottom edge of the fan then the globe would be a different shape at it's mount.  Once you have determined the type of globe, then give out Hampton Bay support team a call.

1-855-HD-HAMPTON (1-855-434-2678)

Or you can contact:

While there are over 2 hundred replacement globes online at homedepot.com.  Unfortunately they are model specific and you need a UPC to determine which one will work for you.

Chris.

Posted 2016-09-30T16:20:36+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+