Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Finishing a glass tile edge in a kitchen backsplash

Hi:

Just wondering what's the best way to finish a glass tile edge of a kitchen backsplash.  I installed my backsplash using glass mosaic tile that came in 12 x12 squares and have one unfinished edge against the kitchen wall.  Is it better to use caulk or grout? I think bullnose would be too much and I don'th think there's one that matches my tile anyway.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-08T14:25:39+0000  by sjanyc sjanyc

Hi there sjanyc,

Thanks for joining our community!~

In cases like this, there is no absolute answer, as it will be largely based on personal preference. However what most people will opt to do is finish with either a Schluter strip, which is a metal strip that is installed *duringthe tiling process and is placed underneath the lip of the edge tile, giving it a flat, metal edge. Or they will use a caulking to provide a waterproofed barrier and a clean edge. Grout is only to be used in between like surfaces and shouldn't be used as a finishing edge.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-07-11T15:43:56+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+