Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Fire Place

I have a gas fire place (insert) in my den.  It is wood burning or ceramic log burning.  I would like to change it to a fire glass  type fire place.  What is necessary to do this change over? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-27T18:49:19+0000  by MisterC MisterC

Hi MisterC,

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you want to go from a gas log fire place to a gas fire place using glass instead.  Yes, you can do this.  All you need to do is:

1. Remove your existing gas logs
  2. Add a regular black pipe log lighter or build your own custom log lighter.                               Log lighter.jpg      Log lighter T-style.jpg
  3. Add your favorite fire glass color.Fire Glass-Sapphire.jpgFire Glass-Diamond.jpgFire Glass-Tuscan Garden.jpgFire Glass Aquamarine.jpgFire Glass Red Nugget.jpgFire Glass Moulin Rouge.jpg
  4. Sit back and enjoy your new creation

Fire Glass/Fire Crystals come in a variety of colors.  Check out the Home Depot web site to find one that fits your environment.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.  Be sure to take a video of your project and share it with us in our Project Library under "I Did This".

This has been another of,

Posted 2013-05-03T18:32:51+0000  by Rick_HD_OC
Those images are quite inspiring to me, I'll have to try that out whenever I recreate another indoor portable fireplace later.
Posted 2013-05-07T03:13:01+0000  by emily12doer

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+