Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Fixing a botched backyard flooring

Hi, 
We recently had our backyard flooring done, and the contractor decided to use soft granite (decomposed granite?) with the slates that we provided him. Now, the slates are coming off and moving around, and the granite is moist and messy. We have dirt in the backyard that we can't wash off, and it looks horrible. Is there a way to fix this? Can we add in concrete and let it settle in between the cracks?Any suggestions are appreciated!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-03-30T23:50:35+0000  by naddy naddy

Hello naddy and welcome to the Community.

The Technisoil Company supplies products for the installation and preservation of decomposed granite, also known as DG pathways.  I contacted them.  They suggested using their G3 – Pathway Stabilizer.  Click on the orange words to access installation instructions and videos.

The stabilizer is sprayed on, as a last step in the installation process of the walkway.  I do not know exactly how your contractor botched your install, so I am not sure if this will fix your problem, after the fact.  If you would like to call Technisoil directly to discuss all of the details, their phone # is 877-356-2250. 

Please share with us, how this is finally resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-04-03T16:45:07+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+