Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Fixing dining room chair

I have a broken dining chair..I can't change a single chair as its design is no more continuing..So I must repair my chair. Actually its back support is slightly broken..So can u help me how to fix it.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-14T18:21:54+0000  by suhasini suhasini

Howdy Suhasini,

Let me be the first to welcome you to The Home Depot Community. This is the place where everyone from beginning do-it-yourselfers  to seasoned professionals can exchange answers and ideas.

My first question is how broken is the chair? are the wooden backing supports cracked or completly separated? 

Depending on the location and how bad it is you could simply use some super strong glue like these:

gorilla.jpg              tite2.jpg                VpopViewer.jpg

If the area is on the ends, you can visit our hardware department and one of our associates can get you the proper pilot drill bit and screws to add strength where needed. I recommend always wearing gloves anytime I'm using any glue's.

If the support is located in a difficult area you may need to find a local handyman to do the repair. The result will have you happy for years to come.

If you could post some photos of before, during, and after we could all learn from your do-it yourself adventure. 

Yours Respectfully,

Posted 2011-07-15T00:35:38+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+