Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Floor Preparation - Allure Plank

We are completely remodeling a 1985 beach condo with a plywood subfloor.  We purchased Home Depot's beautiful Allure Plank to install in the entire condo (including kitchen & baths).  We removed the carpet & tile and there are uneven places in the subfloor, in addition to some water damage to the subfloor (currently dry).  Also, some of the sheets of plywood are screwed in and others are stapled in.  The staples are not level with the flooring and we are concerned that this might damage the floating vinyl flooring.  It appears that this flooring will be very easy to install (part of the reason we purchased it), but we want it to last & want to be sure that we prepare the floor properly. Unfortunately, there aren't any instructions with this flooring regarding floor prep.  Can you please give us some recommendations to ensure that the end result is not only beautiful but durable.  Thank you!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-01T02:04:00+0000  by pb.ax42 pb.ax42
Help.  I just bought allure vinyl floating tile flooring.  I do not want to put it down over existing flooring - it is Pergo and a "piece of sh..  - pardon my expression.

I want to pull out all the Pergo.  What is the correct sub-flooring to use?  Currently it is plywood.  I really need help here. 

Thank you.
Posted 2015-03-01T00:42:53+0000  by Horsebird
We are in the process of removing old carpet from upstairs rooms and considering replacing it all with allure vinyl, as opposed to laminate flooring. There is a tenant downstairs...even thru the current thick carpet and padding, we can hear his tv and even when he is talking on the phone. Is there a noise blocking underlayment that will help with blocking some of this sound transfer. It is a HUGE issue.
Posted 2016-08-11T01:22:57+0000  by mtdo
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+