Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Flower Tower Questions

Post your Flower Tower questions here!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-19T13:06:33+0000  by HomeDepotJayne HomeDepotJayne

Are all the materials used food safe for herbs or salad greens?

Posted 2013-05-01T21:42:45+0000  by Taj
These flowers would last outside in May, not sooner. :)
Posted 2013-05-02T19:12:53+0000  by emily6

Hey buckeyefan,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

The flowers that were used in the building of the Flower Tower were wave petunias. Ohio, as well as lot of areas of the country, should be frost-free by now so you can start on your project!

Best of luck to your project, and let us know if we can assist you further!

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-04T17:33:54+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey Taj,

Welcome to the community, and thank you for your question!

Yes, all the materials for this flower tower are safe for edible plants!

As long as your fencing material is galvanized, or rust-proof, then you won't have any issues with using gerbs or salad greens for your tower.

Let us know how your tower worked out for you. Post pictures if you like, we always like to see a finished project here!

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-04T17:43:27+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Here's a Flower Tower question that came to us on The Home Depot's Apron blog. Ann lives in Arizona, and is wondering about other flowers that might work in the project. 

Will vincas work with the tower..if not what else can be used in Phoenix for summer color. Vincas seem to be the only thing that will survive in pots here.

--Ann

Posted 2013-05-07T18:53:39+0000  by HomeDepotCraig

Hi there Ann,

I’m Jen, from The Home Depot.  Welcome to the community!

Yes, flowering Vinca will do fine.  The only difference is that it will not trail, so you may need to make more holes and add more plants so it looks full. 

You could also try succulents such as hens and chicks.  They do not mind drying out.

Posted 2013-05-07T18:58:40+0000  by Jen_HD_BOS

I live in Sugarland, Texas, what flowers would work best here and not require a lot of care.

Posted 2013-05-10T21:34:48+0000  by ppetterway

I hear you!  I was also frustrated that there is no mention to how many flowers to buy or how much dirt.  I ended up just buying the 50 and then counted the squares.  I bought only a 3ft high because of the price, but bought a bigger pot.  So far I am into this project about $75 bucks and I have not bought the flowers yet!

Posted 2013-05-11T23:34:12+0000  by erichardson2005

I just a question about the flower tower.  About how many plants does it take make one for a 13" pot?

Thanks.

Posted 2013-05-12T02:31:17+0000  by westbuff

A big thanks to Brandon at the Peoria Home Depot.  He was able to get the store to help us out.  They opted to give you a 3' tall section of the wire if you bought supplies there.  Since I garden I already had most of the supplies except for the flowers.  I do agree if they are going to advertise nationwide they need to make some concessions.  Why would I want to buy 50' of fencing for one project.

Also I'd like to say thanks to the person who posted about putting the pvc pipe down the center--this worked great.  

Another side note--our store made one of the towers and I must say it was the most pathetic looking thing I've ever seen--if I had seen this first I would never have wanted to make one.

Posted 2013-05-12T23:00:11+0000  by BaileysGramma
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+