Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Gap between tile wall and bathtub HELP PLZ!!!

Tiled-wall-and-tub-or-shower-base-edge-are-very-common-areas-of-moisture-penetration-silicon-application-ensures-water-tight-seal.jpg

Where the tile ends there is a gap from about 1 to 2 inches,  it should meet the tub but doesn't. With what can I fill that gap? I have tried things like putty but it is not really holding, I want something that will last and obvisouly water sustainable. It was already like this when I saw it and I just want a solution meanwhile I live here so it doesn't look so weird. Does anyone know what  I can put?

*This picture it how it somewhat looks like.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-08T01:47:38+0000  by atrevidamarjori atrevidamarjori

Hey Atrevidamarjori,

Welcome to our community!

Having a gap like that isn’t uncommon and there are a few ways to fill it.  The gap is a little too big to just fill with a caulk or putty. Even if you used a small backer rod in the crack it wouldn’t look as good as you might want it. I suggest that you use a piece of ½” x ½” PVC quarter round.  PVC trim is durable and long lasting in high moisture areas.

trim.jpg

Cut the trim to size and glue it into place with an adhesive sealant like this one.

caulk.jpg

This will seal around the quarter round and hold it into place.

Click on the pictures for more information on the products.

If this solution doesn’t work for you or if you have any questions let me know. Good luck. -Gregg

Posted 2011-06-08T12:46:09+0000  by gotogregg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+