Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Garage Door won't come down.....

My garage door will not come down. The controller's idiot light indicates an issue. When I press the button for the door to come down. It won't come down. When I turn off the controller for the opener and manually drop the door down and then turn on the controller. The door goes back up. I have replaced the controller, but has not resolve the problem. It is a 1/2HP Genie Screw Drive. Can't see the model. At least, 15 years old. Right now, I am unemployed. So, I need to be able to repair this myself, if possible. Thanks for your help!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-20T21:41:43+0000  by artg77 artg77

Hi artg77, welcome and we are glad you joined the Community. Garage doors can be frustrating at times. Let’s see if we can get this door of your working properly.

Usually, there’s a simple reason as to why the light indicator came on. First check to make sure there are no loose wires, and the lenses are clean. These are some of the more common issues. Lenses are always getting dirty, being that close to the ground.

Next you will want to check that nothing is in the way of the lenses as they need to communicate one to the other. Check to see if one of the lenses has come out of alignment with the other lens. I have knocked a lens off of its mounting before and not known it.

If none of these works for you and you’re still having trouble you can contact the Genie Customer Support or Technical support at 1-800-3543, M-F 9:00am-8:00pm EST & Sat. 10:00am-6:00pm EST. 

Posted 2012-09-20T22:21:21+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Thanks for your help. I have not checked the wiring. I'll check that tomorrow. But the lense is clean and aligned with the other reciever. I'll try the genie customer service also.

Thanks

Art

Posted 2012-09-22T03:32:38+0000  by artg77

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+