Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Garage door opener making horrible noise

We bought this chamberlain belt driven opener and had it in our old house.we just built one and I installed it here. But it's making horrible noises. It'll go about a foot up and act like the belt slips, then about halfway up the metal track on the opener sways down about half inch. It sounds like someone taps the door with a hammer while it's going up.
I've moved it from the front wall, to the ceiling. It's level, at about 2"from the ceiling, lined up with the center of the door.

Did I do something wrong?what would cause it? If someone tells me how to post video I can take one to show.

Thanks
Jathan
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-14T01:50:15+0000  by Jathanw Jathanw

Hello Jathanw and welcome to the community!

It sounds like you need to speak to Chamberlain Customer Service/Support. Chamberlain provides technical support Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM and on Saturday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Mountain Standard time. You can reach their technical support staff by calling 1-800-528-5880.

You should be near the garage door opener at the time of the call. Since the opener is new, you also have a warranty.  

Your last question was "how to post video"? Once you have shot your video, save it to your desktop, and from within the reply box below you see there is a red arrow, when you move your cursor over it and it says Insert a Video, then you will browse for your video that on your desktop and click on Insert Video at the bottom of that window. 

how to upload.png

Posted 2013-11-29T15:34:06+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+