Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Garden privacy fence that lets light through?

I have a veggie garden that is near my fence.  Unfortunately the fence blocks too much light to a portion of the garden bed.  If I take the fence down it opens my yard too much to the neighbors.  Is there a privacy screen or something that I can put in place of the fence that will still keep the privacy but let the sun through to the garden?

Thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-06-09T23:26:52+0000  by Matt469 Matt469

Hey Matt469,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

While you have a lot of choices when it comes to privacy fencing, one that instantly came to mind for your situation was bamboo fencing.

You have to remember that privacy fencing or screens also won't allow much light to come through. But, in the instance of the bamboo fencing, some of it can.

Check out the link here to all of our garden fencing, as well as the image below to see if this would be an option for you.

Backyard X-Scapes1 in. D x 6 ft. H x 8 ft. L Stained Mahogany Rolled Bamboo Fence

Unless it is sturdy in construction and installation, I'd tend to shy away from screens, since they could easy tear or be damaged if high winds/storms ever occur.

Let us know what you think about this option, and we can still assist you further if you would like other options.

Joseph

Posted 2015-06-10T17:12:17+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Greetings Matt469,

I agree with Joe, bamboo fencing is a great option and it is easy to work with!

Here is another idea: install a series of lattice panels, or trellises that allow light to penetrate through for a great growing environment, and also gives you a sense of privacy!

Just a thought for you to concider,  Let us know what you decide, we would love to see some pictures

Maureen
Posted 2015-06-11T12:56:32+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+