Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Gas Stove with Down Draft System.

I have a Modern Maid gas cook top with the down draft system.  How can I improve the performance of the down draft?  Please to not suggest I should buy a new stove. :smileywink:

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-04T14:57:16+0000  by Phreddie Phreddie

Hello Phreddie and welcome to the community!

If you are having issues with the downdraft not pulling the same as it did when it was new, it could be that the vent going outside is obstructed somewhat, or the fan is going bad, those would be my 2 suggestions I would look at before replacing--this is assuming that it is venting to the outside. 

Downdraft type of cook tops have to work harder than ones that are above the stove because the smoke or steam has a natural tendency to rise right into the fan opening above it. Where as the smoke or steam is being pulled it in a different direction, either down or to the back of the stove at a right angle on a downdraft. 

If you open a nearby window does the downdraft work the same, worse or better?

How old is the cooktop?

Is there any type of filter that may be clogged? 

Posted 2013-10-04T20:40:29+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

If you open a nearby window does the downdraft work the same, worse or better?  Same

How old is the cooktop?  I believe it is the original to the house, which was built in the mid 70s

Is there any type of filter that may be clogged?   Filters are cleaned.

Hummm I wonder if the exhaust pipes taking the fumes/smoke outdoors may need some attention.

Thanks for responding.

Posted 2013-10-05T15:56:28+0000  by Phreddie

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+