Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Gazebo foundation issues

We are trying to convert a dirt patch into a foundation on which we would put rubber tiles under a gazebo and I just can't seem to find a plan specific to ours anywhere.

Do we need to build a wooden frame or can we just dig deep enough into the dirt to make a sufficient frame?

And what is the best way to anchor the gazebo in this case?

I am sure there has to be something specific somewhere, but haven't been able to spot anything.

Not a real accomplished DIYer here, so hoping for something pretty basic, making it less likely for me to screw it up.

Even a link to a good plan would be really helpful.

Thanks for any help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-30T14:37:28+0000  by tmac0905 tmac0905

Hello tmac0905 and welcome to the Community.

You need to build a form or frame to make your slab for your Gazebo.

The following is a video that illustrates the steps and process for a concrete slab. 

After you have pour your slab but before it is dry insert your anchors for your gazebo.  If your gazebo has holes for blots, this is when you should partially sink your anchor blots. 

You can also secure your gazebo after your concrete has harden using concrete anchors like Redheads wedge anchors.

If you have any additional questions please send a note.

I would love to see photos of your project if you would like to share.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2015-07-30T15:40:09+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hi Charlotte,

Wondering if it is feasible to get around the concrete option by using some other base, like maybe crushed gravel or something similar?

Have to confess I am a little nervous about trying to pour concrete. Hoping for something simpler.

Thanks so much for your input and I will take pics.

Tim
Posted 2015-07-30T16:18:35+0000  by tmac0905
Hey tmac0905!

My good friend George wrote How To Build A Deck.

Many of the concepts he discusses might be used to anchor your Gazebo.

Take careful notes and consider using footers instead of constructing a concrete slab.

If you want simple, this might just be your answer.

NOTE:
Check your local requirements for deck/gazebo footers.

Simpson Strong Tie makes several versions of post base that help anchor your posts into the cement footers.

Posted 2015-07-30T20:23:22+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+