Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Glacier Bay Medicine cabinet interior showing its age.

The cabinet is only six years old but the lower shelff looks like hell.  Overall the cabinet has held up well and I want to make-over the interior.

Any ideas?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-02-08T20:38:12+0000  by thecoinbox thecoinbox

Hello thecoinbox and welcome to the Community.

Glacier Bay has several Medicine cabinet models.  If I had more details of what material is in your cabinet, I would be able to better address options for the make over.

Are the shelves metal, wood or glass?  If wood you could paint them or replace them or cover with a contact paper.  If metal often a little SOS pad can help remove rust and then be spray painted with metallic paint.  

If you would like to send model information or more details description of what kinds of problems you are having with your medicine cabinet, I would love to elaborate more.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-02-09T14:20:05+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hello thecoinbox,

Every few years we all need to clean out the medicine cabinet and refresh the interior.

It's simply the nature of the medicines and other products we store there.

Remove all the shelving and use 220-grit sandpaper to lightly buff sand the interior.

Krud Kutter on a terry towel will help remove the debris.

Allow the surfaces to dry for an hour, then use painter's tape and paper to protect the surrounding surfaces.

Apply one coat of spray primer followed by three coats of gloss white (or your color of choice).

Allow at least thirty-minutes between coats and use your bathroom exhaust fan throughout the process.

You'll be able to return your cabinet to regular use the next day.

Plan to repeat the process whenever the interior surfaces show wear.

NOTE:
Shelves may be made over using the same process ... assuming they are not glass.
Posted 2016-02-09T15:40:00+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+